IDAHO DEMOCRATIC WOMEN’S CAUCUS (IDWC)
Section I. Duties and Powers
The responsibilities of the IDWC shall include, but not limited to:
- Providing for the election of officers.
- Promoting the interest of women within the Democratic Party, and encouraging women to run for and be elected to public office.
- Assisting the state and local Party organizations and Legislative caucuses in the selection and election of viable candidates.
- Supporting the development of women’s caucuses in every county of Idaho.
- Coordinating with the County Central Committees, State Central and Executive Committees, and Legislative caucuses to further the goals of the IDWC.
- Taking such other actions as may be necessary and proper to carry out the mission of the IDWC.
Section II. Membership
The IDWC shall be composed of any Idaho voter supporting the goals articulated in the Mission Statement.
Membership dues shall be set at a minimum of $20 annually, students and seniors $10 annually. Sponsored memberships are available. Members are encouraged to give additional funds to support IDWC goals. Dues may be changed at the annual meeting with a majority vote of members present.
Section I. Membership and Elections
The Executive Committee shall consist of the State Chair, Vice Chair, a past president selected by the Executive Committee, Secretary, Treasurer, and 7 (seven) State Directors. These officers will serve as the Executive Committee of the Caucus and shall be elected at the annual membership meetings.
- There will be 7 (seven) Directors, one from each of the following areas: Region 1: Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, and Shoshone Counties. Region 2: Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis, and Nez Perce Counties. Region 3: Adams, Canyon, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, and Washington Counties. Region 4: Ada, Boise, Elmore, and Valley Counties. Region 5: Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, and Twin Falls Counties. Region 6: Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Butte, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida, and Power Counties. Region 7: Bonneville, Clark, Custer, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison, and Teton Counties.
- Directors must reside in the region they represent.
Section II Powers and Duties
The Executive Committee shall provide the leadership for accomplishing the mission and goals of IDWC. The Executive Committee shall meet at least twice a year. A member may vote by proxy. A voting member present may hold only one proxy.
Section III Tenure
Members of the Executive Committee shall serve two year terms as follows: The Chair and Vice Chair shall be elected in even years. Regions 1,3,5, and 7 shall be elected in odd years; Regions 2,4, and 6 shall be elected in even years. The Secretary shall be elected in even years; Treasurer shall be elected in odd years.
Section IV Vacancies
The Executive Committee shall have the authority to appoint replacements for any resigning officer to fill the un-expired term of the officer she is replacing.
Meetings of Members
The Idwc shall meet at least once a year.
Special meetings of the Caucus may be held upon call of the Chair with approval of the Executive Committee and with reasonable notice to members. No action shall be taken at such a special meeting unless such proposed action was included in the notice of the meeting.
Section III. Quorom
Twenty percent (20%) of the current membership of the Caucus shall constitute a quorum. The quorum shall be established at the beginning of the meeting and, once established, shall be assumed until the meeting is adjourned.
Section IV. Voting
- At regular meetings all motions, including the election of officers, shall be carried by simple majority vote, with the exception of amendments to the By-Laws.
- Each member shall be entitled to one vote.
- A member may vote by proxy. Proxy votes must be received by the Secretary prior to the meeting in which the proxy is to be utilized. Proxies may be either general or limited, and instructed or uninstructed. All proxies shall be in writing and transferable if so specified. No member may at any time hold or exercise more than one (1) proxy. Submission of a proxy vote by facsimile transmission shall be permitted.
Section V. Committees
Committees shall be appointed by the Chair as needed.
Section VI. Rules and Guidelines
Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the Idaho Democratic Women’s Caucus in all cases in which such rules are not in conflict with the laws of the State of Idaho, these by-laws, and any special rules of order.
By-laws may be adopted or amended by a two thirds majority of those members attending the State Meeting if previous notice of upcoming amendments is given or by a majority of the entire membership.